Veteran Nollywood actress cum producer, Doyin Aggrey has joined millions of people all over the world to congratulate the newly sworn-in president of Nigeria, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Aggrey, who has excelled as a movie producer and TV presenter, commended Tinubu on taking up the responsibility of leading a complex nation like Nigeria, and expressed optimism that the new government would bring some soothing relief to the pains of Nigerians.
She hinted that a government of national unity will build a cohesive society where all citizens can thrive, adding that the new President and his team should focus on initiatives that promote economic growth and development, such as job creation, entrepreneurship support, and investment in critical sectors.
Her full statement reads:
Dear Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the APC,
Warm greetings to you on this momentous occasion of your inauguration! As an actress and TV presenter, I have witnessed the power of leadership and the impact it can have on a nation. I would like to extend my heartfelt congratulations to you and your party, the APC, as you embark on this important journey of governing our beloved country, Nigeria.
First and foremost, I commend you for taking on this responsibility. Leading a nation is a complex task that requires wisdom, vision, and a deep understanding of the needs and aspirations of the people. I hope that you will embrace this opportunity to serve with humility, integrity, and a genuine commitment to the welfare of all Nigerians.
To make our country better, I would like to offer a few suggestions that may help guide your actions and decisions:
1. Unity and Inclusivity: Nigeria is a diverse nation with various ethnic, cultural, and religious backgrounds. Promote unity and inclusivity by fostering an environment where every Nigerian feels valued and represented. Seek to bridge gaps, promote dialogue, and build a cohesive society where all citizens can thrive.
2. Economic Empowerment: Focus on initiatives that promote economic growth and development, such as job creation, entrepreneurship support, and investment in critical sectors. Implement policies that attract local and foreign investments, empower small and medium enterprises, and alleviate poverty through sustainable economic strategies.
3. Education and Skills Development: Recognize the pivotal role education plays in nation-building. Prioritize investments in quality education, ensuring that it is accessible to all Nigerians. Promote vocational training and skills development programs that equip our youth for the demands of the modern world.
4. Infrastructure Development: Address the pressing issue of infrastructure in Nigeria. Improve transportation networks, power supply, healthcare facilities, and access to clean water. Sustainable infrastructure development will stimulate economic growth, enhance living standards, and promote overall well-being.
5. Good Governance and Anti-Corruption: Uphold the principles of good governance, transparency, and accountability. Combat corruption at all levels of society and ensure that public resources are utilized for the benefit of the people. Strengthen institutions that promote the rule of law and protect the rights of every Nigerian.
6. Environmental Sustainability: Recognize the importance of environmental conservation and sustainable development. Implement policies that promote renewable energy, protect natural resources, and mitigate the effects of climate change. Aim for a greener and more sustainable Nigeria for future generations.
These suggestions are by no means exhaustive, but I believe they reflect some of the key areas that require attention to foster positive change and progress in our great nation.
Once again, congratulations on your inauguration! I sincerely hope that you and the APC will lead Nigeria towards a brighter future. As an actress and TV presenter, I am committed to using my platform to promote the values of unity, progress, and social change.
Wishing you wisdom, strength, and the courage to make decisions that will uplift the lives of all Nigerians.